NY Shakespeare Exchange is looking for to expand its team! We are on the hunt a passionate and aspiring early-career theater manager to join the company as a Producing Associate for our 2017/18 season. In this role, you will work directly with both the Artistic Director Ross Williams and Executive Director Charles Graytok as we build out our season and continue to pursue our mission of building communities through Shakespeare. You’ll be involved in the day-to-day management of programming and organizational support. Your role will also be integral in the creation and facilitation of a new series of events supporting the online films of The Sonnet Project. The ideal candidate will have a dedicated interest in learning the ins and outs of producing theater in NYC.
New York Shakespeare Exchange bridges cultural divides, starts conversations, promotes education, and brings communities together through diverse, classically-based programming that re-imagines how Shakespearean theater and poetry can impact our modern world. Brimming with an unwavering sense of adventure, our work honors the legacy of the Bard while intersecting his poetry with today’s ever-changing social, political, and technological landscapes. From star-crossed lovers wooing across a crowded bar, to sonnets interpreted as independent film, to live productions that highlight Shakespeare’s verse in a contemporary context, our projects challenge expectations and lead us forward to continued innovation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist the leadership team in all aspects of producing both productions and events.
- Assist with creative marketing and branding opportunities as we establish a unique voice in the New York theater community.
- Work with us to develop and maintain our social media identity.
- A deep curiosity about how Shakespeare can affect audiences in a contemporary world
- Adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Computer skills (especially basic website mgmt.) and access to email, Internet
- Thorough attention to detail
- Proactive producing mindset
- Analytical skills a plus
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the e-mails and phone numbers of two references. INCLUDE "PRODUCING ASSOCIATE" IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Arts Administration
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment