Who we are
At 5Kilobytes (www.5kilobytes.org), we’re on a mission to help children establish a balance between healthy lifestyle foundations and logical thinking patterns - Sports and Health meets STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
We’re committed to offering camps and programs that connect engineering and technological projects to real world activities. Parents don't have to choose between STEM and sports/adventure camp - at 5Kilobytes, your child experiences both in an interconnected, practically applicable experience.
Who we are looking for
An experienced Grant Writer with superior skills and a demonstrated track record who wants to join our growing team!
At 5Kilobytes, we are looking for the right person to help us continue to build our growing . Think you might have what it takes? Keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
- Project Ownership You will lead the establishment and operations of everything related to talent acquisition at 5Kilobytes. As our resident Subject Matter Expert, you will be able to shape and lead us in growth in a very big way.
- Cross-functional Exposure You will work closely with all members of the Team, allowing you a 360 end-to-end view of the organization, as you play a critical role in building the organization of the future.
- Professional Development This is your opportunity to, play a key role in the growth of the organization and to make a difference by helping us fund our strategy as we continue to grow.
Where are you right now- and what will your future look like at 5Kilobytes?
You are an established grant writer, but you want to work for a company that is solving real-world problems - one that gives back to the community and supports the leaders of tomorrow. You are looking for a small but growing company that will afford you the opportunity to gain significant experience as you progress through your career.
What you will do:
- Assist in the preparation of applications to foundations, corporations, private, and other donors
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Identify and track grant opportunities; monitor and control the grant application process to ensure all deadlines are met
- Prioritize to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Quickly identify and analyze application requirements to help the Company reach a(n) apply/no-apply decision
- Collaborate with other Grant Writer(s) as necessary
- Collaborate with the Donations Coordinator for planning and reporting
- Track time spent via completion of weekly timesheets
- Provide weekly metric updates
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Experience You have previous experience in a similar role at another company. Minimum level of education required is a bachelor degree, preferably in communications, public relations, business or technical writing. Two years of experience researching, writing and editing proposals and reports, ideally in a not-for-profit environment.
- Communication Skills You have superior written communication skills and the ability to persuade and influence decision makers through written content. You are an expert communicator, with advanced verbal and written English communication skills. You have a wonderful personality and are able to strike up a conversation easily with anyone you meet.
- Technical Skills Technology is your secret weapon and how you get things done. You have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or G-Suite of applications, with advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Motivation and Drive You set your mind to something and you let nothing get in your way of achieving it. You are a self-starter with a high degree of initiative that allows you to create efficiencies in your own work processes, as well as those of your team members.
- Team Player You have demonstrated the ability to build relationships and effectively work with and influence others in a virtual capacity, solving problems and improving efficiencies in a creative manner. Out-of-the-box thinking is your specialty.
- Passion You are genuinely interested in the objectives of the organization, new ideas and new technology. You want to change an industry, one person at a time.
Think this opportunity is meant for you, but worried you don’t have it all? At 5Kilobytes, we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest by applying with your resume to:
5Kilobytes welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.