Relay For Life of Cambrian - We are looking for a Relay Recruitment Lead!!
Cambrian Fights Cancer! - American Cancer Society Relay For Life
Relay Recruitment Lead
We are looking for volunteers with leadership qualities, a desire to change the world and a passionate dislike of cancer. We’re looking for long term, hands on, rock star volunteers who want more than a 1 day gig passing out water to runners. Relay For Life is planned and produced by an Event Leadership Team of volunteers from the community where the event is held. We invest in our volunteers through group training and 1-on-1 coaching from an American Cancer Society staff member. As the single largest fundraising event in the world, you get to be part of something pretty spectacular. No experience necessary, however, a go-getter attitude is essential!
What is the Goal of the Relay Recruitment Lead?
To get as many people within a community to partner with the American Cancer Society in saving lives from cancer by participating in the local Relay For Life. This is accomplished by identifying recruiters within the community who can help bring new people to Relay. Once these recruiters are identified the lead and co-lead help to train and manage the recruiter’s success.
Why is this role so important?
- In order for Relay to stay fresh it needs to continue to grow and evolve. Bringing new people to Relay does just that!
- Communities take on all shapes and sizes. They can be towns or counties, corporations, health systems, faith based organizations, the civil service industry such as fire, police, ambulance, etc., schools, government, unions, and more! We want to strive to engage one or more people of influence within each of the communities that can help to mobilize their community with the purpose of recruiting more participants, more survivors, and more sponsors to help fuel the mission of the American Cancer Society
- Relay Recruitment leads help to identify pockets of the opportunity that have not yet experienced Relay and helps to introduce them to the mission of American Cancer Society through Relay. Recruitment leads also welcome existing teams back to Relay and assist in assigning them a team coach.
Who Makes a Successful Recruitment Lead?
A successful recruitment lead is:
- good at identifying who might be a good recruiter in their community.
- able to create a strategic plan of where teams will be recruited based on community assessment.
able to arrange external facing recruitment opportunities in the community.
- able to train their recruiters on how to make the ask and telling the Relay story.
- able to sets goals with recruiters to determine the number of teams and survivors they plan to recruit.
- willing to be a strong advocate for the American Cancer Society.
- someone who has a good working knowledge of our organization and our mission.
- able to manage the progress of their recruiters and be willing to step in and assist when needed.
- Able to recognize their recruiters for a job well done!So...at this point you may be wondering...WHAT IS RELAY FOR LIFE?
At Relay For Life events, communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much. This community event is held at Leigh High School on April 27 th - 28 th consists of inspiring ceremonies, activities and fun, and teams of friends, families, and co-workers coming together to finish the fight against cancer! Commitment requires regular check ins with your team lead and/or ACS staff member (in person, over the phone or via email) during Relay Season (September-August.. However we really ramp up in January!) and 2-3 hours a week of additional volunteer efforts. Schedule of work is up to you.
Sound like something you'd be great at?? Perhaps you'd only like a bite-size piece of this role?? Perhaps you & a family member or a friend interested in working on this together?? We would LOVE to chat & truly look forward to working with you to create a world without cancer!!!!
We'll work with your schedule.
CambrianSan Jose, CA 95124
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week