JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
Under direction of organization leadership, you will plan, organize, direct, and manage finance activities including budgeting, cash flow, expense reimbursement, matching gifts management, and corporate/local sponsorship. You will advise volunteer and organization leadership on finance-related issues and will develop, coordinate, and implement finance policies and procedures across the organization.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
-Effectively manage and lead the finance team
-Serve as liaison between the finance team and the rest of the organization
-Oversee all reporting and fiduciary tasks
-Ensure organization and all volunteers follow proper finance procedure as set forth by you and your team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Experience as a manager of people or as a team leader
-Solid experience in finance, accounting and/or business management
-Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
-Well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 - 5 hours per week
- Job can be done virtually, but requires attendance at monthly operations meeting in Chatham,NJ
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...