FIN: VP of Finance
25 people are interested
VP of FinanceCategory:
YesWill Train Applicant(s):
Will Train Applicant(s)Date Posted:
25 December 2018Expected length of volunteering:
6 month min, but longer term preferredSupervisory Responsibility:
YesExpected Hours of Work: (include any mandatory meeting times with time zone)
10+ hours per week (depends, can go up to 15-20 hours)Position Type:
Volunteer, ManagerDate & Time (VM)
OngoingDriver’s License Needed
NoOrientation or training needed?
YesDoes this accommodate special groups?
55+Min. age required?
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct and manage company fiscal and information technology functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current trends and regulations, respectively.Description: Role and Responsibilities
1. Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team.
2. Recommends and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet objectives.
3. Provides strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, mergers, pension funds and investments and/or other issues affecting the business.
4. Recommends and leads new efforts to improve ROE/ROA performance.
5. Works to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates needed strategies for improvement.
6. Builds, develops and manages finance team capable of carrying out needed initiatives.
7. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance and information technology functions.
8. Aligns financial policies and procedures with company objectives.
9. Establishes financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with company expenditure requirements and to meet customer needs.
Under direction of the President, you will plan, organize, direct, and manage finance activities including budgeting, cash flow, expense reimbursement, matching gifts management, and corporate/local sponsorship. You will advise volunteer and organization leadership on finance-related issues and will develop, coordinate, and implement finance policies and procedures across the organization.
- Define and manage organizational structure (create your organizational chart, establish weekly meetings with team, KPIs...)
-Manage your team (onboard/offboard your team, hold them accountable, work with HR to recruit...)
-Interview with potential volunteers
-Attends monthly management meetings and holds weekly department meetings
-Ensure organization and all volunteers follow proper finance procedure as set forth by you and your teamQualifications and Education Requirements
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
2. Professional experience, with specific experience in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, finance/accounting manager).
3. Management experience, a plus
4. Need to want to manage a team of volunteersPreferred Skills
1. Financial Management.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Performance Management.
4. Business Acumen.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Ethical Conduct.
8. Problem Solving/Analysis.
9. Strategic Thinking.
-MBA preferredAdditional Notes
JerseySTEM utilizes G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets...), JIRA and Slack
Since most roles in the organization are virtual, it requires access to a personal computer and WiFiOther Duties:
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.About Us JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10+ hours per week (depends, can go up to 15-20 hours
- 6 month min. , but longer term commitment preferred