TRA: HR Training & Development Manager
23 people are interested
Under direction of the Human Resources Director, the HR Training and Development Manager will plan, organize and manage training and development activities for JerseySTEM volunteers. This includes assessing training needs, recommending training and development strategies, designing and implementing training and development solutions to address organizational needs, and evaluating results. Examples of projects include: new volunteer onboarding training, manager training, and partnering with IT on systems training. The HR Training and Development Manager will also recommend learning and development policies and practices that support the goals of the organization, and contribute to the engagement and retention of volunteers.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Effectively assess organizational training and development needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Design, develop and implement training and development solutions to meet the needs of different volunteer groups (e.g., managers, student coaches, new volunteers, etc.)
- Determine training and development policies that are appropriate for a volunteer organization
- Provide guidance to department heads/managers on volunteer learning and development needs
- Create and implement methodology to evaluate training results
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with virtual learning approaches, including training program design, development, and execution
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience overseeing HR learning and development projects from needs assessment through to design and implementation
- Well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Comfort working virtually, both independently and as a member of a remote team
- Resourceful and creative
- Reliable and accountable for achieving results
Required Education and Experience
3-5+ years experience in Human Resources, with a specialty in training, learning, and development, or talent development
Weekly Time Commitment Required
- Virtual position, flexible hours 4 -6 hours a week.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Organization Design
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Assistance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 4-6 hours per week on average.
- Comfort working as a member of a remote HR team