Make a Difference in West Virginia!
Every year, WV SCORE volunteers help hundreds of entrepreneurs live their dreams of successfully starting or growing a small business. Actively employed or retired business owners, bankers, accountants, marketing people, and others who would like to serve as mentors to entrepreneurs and small business owners. We also need people to represent WV SCORE at various events, help our volunteer recruiting efforts, and to provide educational workshops for our clients. Finally, we welcome interns who want to learn more about business who are willing to serve in administrative roles.
Give back to the West Virginia area and be a part of that dream. Sign up to be a SCORE mentor and help dreams come true!
Share Your Expertise
SCORE mentors provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. Whatever your expertise, we'll match you with local clients who need mentoring and coaching. Where expertise is needed beyond your own, you'll team up with other counselors. Volunteering at SCORE is a way for you to give back to your community, as well as connect with fellow business owners and other business colleagues.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Provide mentoring in person or through email, video, or telephone mentoring from your home or office
- Lead educational workshops and seminars
- Serve in a leadership capacity (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Do Volunteer Development, such as recruiting other members
- Be an Intern -- Help Learn about Business
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Many of our volunteers also find that their SCORE experience led them to discover new sources of insight and knowledge which have helped in their own personal development.
Contact us to receive more information about volunteer opportunities in West Virginia!
- Financial Service Assistance
- Human Resources Strategy
- Business Development
- IT Consulting
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can be virtual or at our offices.
- Can be actively working or actively retired - we're flexible on time requirements