What About Bob? Do You Know The Movie?
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Have you seen What About Bob? Do you understand what it is like to live and work with Bob or even to be Bob? Can you be kind and compassionate to Bob. Can you listen with patience to the same story week after week because you are there for them and not for yourself? Two special volunteers are needed to provide friendly visiting, light reading (this individual is blind), and calm, soothing affirmation to someone who feels anxious about their world. You are not asked to provide treatment of any sort -JUST LISTEN AND CHAT - and no real experience is needed however you should be prepared to experience repetition and perseverant thinking - similar to someone with an aging or memory deficit. This individual likes to hear math and science, appreciates punctuality, responds well to authority figures, or those who are meticulous with self-assured bumptious personalities! Is this you?
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- your own transportation or access to bus route;
We'll work with your schedule.
West AvenueStamford, CT 06905
- People Skills
- Market Research / Analysis
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Highly Flexible but late a.m. to afternoon is best
- tolerance, patience, good listening, organized, punctual