MoneyWork$ Program Intern/Volunteer
14 people are interested
The MoneyWork$ Program
MoneyWork$ is an intensive 13 week"financial makeover" program through which families gain a greater understanding of their current financial situation, improve their financial management practices and develop a personal roadmap to self-sufficiency. The program increases participants’ understanding of the US financial system and ultimately aims at helping them achieve the behavioral change they have determined is needed to get out of debt, retain more of their assets and achieve their financial goals. Besides weekly class sessions, participants engage in support group meetings and receive one-on-one financial counseling. The program is provided in English and in Spanish.
Intern Job Description
MoneyWork$ interns have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Assist staff in reaching out to the target communities with information about MoneyWork$. Help to create or modify printed and website materials. Attend outreach events with staff. Make follow-up telephone calls.
- Assist staff with curriculum adjustments or modifications.
- Assist staff in preparing for, then setting up for and carrying out evening classes.
- Take detailed notes at class sessions and type up those notes to provide to participants who missed the session.
- Review and evaluate participant homework assignments. Provide feedback and record scores.
- Maintain records of class and support group participation, coaching sessions, and participant milestones reached.
- Perform research as needed into topics such as new credit card legislation or retirement savings plans.
- Take a primary role in planning and executing events including program graduation ceremony.
MoneyWork$ interns gain a real world understanding of personal finances, as they come to know our clients’ issues and difficulties as well as their successes. Because class sessions are taught by industry experts, interns (as well as staff) learn a great deal about the financial system. Interns also gain valuable writing, communication and Excel skills. They work in a busy, sometimes hectic environment and meet many other interesting interns and staff members.
We'll work with your schedule.
1111 Howe Avenue, Suite 125Sacramento, CA 95825
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Service Assistance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 3 month commitment
- Spanish speakers preferred, but not required. Financial literacy is a plus.