Floor Activity Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
24 people are interested
Summary: The Floor Activity Volunteer serves as a facilitator for our numerous scheduled activities and experiments, supporting Leonardo’s mission to create experiences that inspire creativity and innovation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prep supplies for activities and experiments
- Encourage Visitors to create and build projects in an exciting and fun teaching style
- Assist staff members in maintaining a clean and creative space
- Alert staff when exhibit components are out of order
- Run scheduled floor activities independently at pre-scheduled times
- Other tasks assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be patient, understanding, and helpful with children
- Be willing to learn and teach STEAM activities to the public
- Be comfortable addressing crowds
- All volunteers will be given specific training that will be done during your shift.
- Our floor activities change regularly, therefore additional training for each new activity will be provided.
- Floor Activity Facilitators will also be invited to attend any and all new exhibit trainings.
- Minimum of 8 hours per month; 6 month commitment
- 16 years or older, high school or college students preferred. If you are under the age of 18, a parent’s signature will be required.
- Background checks are required for all volunteers.
- Shifts are 4 hours long.
- Start and end times are: 10am-1pm or 1pm-5pm (weekdays & weekends)
About The Leonardo
209 East 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, US
It is the Leonardo's mission to fuse science, technology, and art in experiences that inspire creativity and innovation in people of all ages and backgrounds.
What is The Leonardo? The Leonardo is a hands-on science, technology, and art museum, with engaging an interactive exhibits for all ages.
Leonardo da Vinci stands out for his breadth of exploration and enduring influence. He was a brilliant artist, scientist, and engineer who approached life with insatiable curiosity, learning how to see and understand the world in new ways. The Leonardo is a non-profit community-powered museum which opened in 2011.
Once home to the Salt Lake City Public Library, The Leonardo’s downtown location has served the people of the Wasatch Front for nearly 50 years. The Leo is tremendously proud to carry on the legacy of community learning and invites you to become a part of our unique community powered museum experience.
We'll work with your schedule.
209 East 500 SouthSalt Lake City, UT 84111
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 9 hours a month
- 6 month commitment