Floor Activity Volunteer
17 people are interested
Summary: The Floor Activity Volunteer serves as a facilitator for our numerous scheduled activities and experiments, supporting Leonardo’s mission to create experiences that inspire creativity and innovation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prep supplies for activities and experiments
- Encourage Visitors to create and build projects in an exciting and fun teaching style
- Assist staff members in maintaining a clean and creative space
- Alert staff when exhibit components are out of order
- Run scheduled floor activities independently at pre-scheduled times
- Other tasks assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be patient, understanding, and helpful with children
- Be willing to learn and teach STEAM activities to the public
- Be comfortable addressing crowds
- All volunteers will be given specific training that will be done during your shift.
- Our floor activities change regularly, therefore additional training for each new activity will be provided.
- Floor Activity Facilitators will also be invited to attend any and all new exhibit trainings.
- Minimum of 8 hours per month; 6 month commitment
- 16 years or older, high school or college students preferred. If you are under the age of 18, a parent’s signature will be required.
- Background checks are required for all volunteers.
- Shifts are 4 hours long.
- Start and end times are: 10am-1pm or 1pm-5pm (weekdays & weekends)
We'll work with your schedule.
209 East 500 SouthSalt Lake City, UT 84111
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours a month
- 6 month commitment