Our In Patient Unit (IPU) receptionist will be the first point of contact on the weekends for all our patient's visitors. We need friendly faces who can remain calm and collected at all tines.
This role will involve:
- Being the face of the Capital Caring IPU as the main point of contact on the weekends for visitors directing them where they need to go.
- Buzzing visitors in upon their arrival.
- Answering the phone and forwarding them the call or take a detailed message.
- Carrying out basic administrative task when quiet to help keep the unit running smoothly.
- Providing tours to visiting families upon arrival.
Shifts available: Saturday & Sunday 9am -9pm (can be broken up into four (4) hour intivitals)
- A willingness to learn (Some of these skill you will already have and some may require additional training, which will be provided).
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Concise and accurate message taking
- Ability to remain calm and adopt an empathetic and sensitive approach
- Flexibility and good time keeping
- Ability to operate telephone and call bell system
- Ability to use additional office equipment
- You will need to be approved by the Volunteer Services Coordinator as well as the Clinical Supervisor
- Clear understanding of the importance of Confidentiality
- Adhere to boundaries of the role and organization
- Have resolved and personal grief
- An introduction training which will include and Introduction to Hospice, Health and Safety Awareness and relevant on the job training.
- Office Reception
- Hospice Care
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Saturday and Sunday 9am-9pm, for at least a year