Do you have access to Facebook -or- Instagram -or- Pinterest -or- Youtube? We need folks to look at our sites and respond to the comments people leave on our posts due to not having the time to respond to everyone (we are all volunteers). This position is ALWAYS open and needed. If you can go back about 1 month in our postings to see comments left that ALSO would be great. Wording is provided at the bottom of this posting. Can start immediately!
SORRY no letter for community service. See below for other suggestions.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
- Strong work ethics
- Attention to detail
1- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page. We want to personally thank you for your volunteer work.
2- You can start immediately, no need for us to respond.
3. Please do this opportunity from a laptop since many posts can’t be viewed from your Smartphone.
4- Our Social Media sites:
- Facebook Site: @RuffHouseRescueNY
- Instagram Site: @RuffHouseRescue
- Pinterest Site: Ruffhouse Rescue
- YouTube Channel: Ruff House Rescue Freeport
Background Information About RHR:
- RHR is located on Long Island, New York (32 miles from NYC).
- We do not transport dogs or cats looking to be adopted, potential adopters must come to our rescue.
- We require an application to be completed and accepted before an animal can be adopted/fostered.
- To Foster you must be located 20 minutes from Freeport due to adoption events and appointments.
- If a person does not get a response from RHR it could be because their e-mail went into our spam folder, always best to follow-up with a 2nd e-mail or call RHR.
Wording for you to use on our Social Media Sites:
If you are unsure about their question, you can always state:
"Please email email@example.com regarding your questions. Unfortunately RHR has many social media sites and posts so they do not have time to look at all the comments - volunteer run."
- Comment: Shared RHR post.
"Thank you for sharing our post!!"
- Comment: Do you need help (volunteering)?
"Yes, always! Please go to ruffhouserescue.org and go to the "Volunteer" tab.
-Comment: Is he/she good with dogs and/or cats or other dogs?
-Comment: I want to foster! or How can I foster?
-Comment: What type of dog is he/she?
-Comment: How old is he/she?
-Comment: Is he/she at the kennel? Where is she/he located?
-Comment: Does he/she have a home?
"RHR is a small rescue with volunteers, please go to www.ruffhouserescue.org to find information on Applications, Adopting, Fostering, Adoptable Pets, Volunteering, Donating & Events.
- Adoption Application: http://ruffhouserescue.org/adopt/
- Foster Application: http://ruffhouserescue.org/foster/
- RHR's Dog/Cat Bios: www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=NY936
- If you can't find your answer please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not get a response in 3-4 business days please re-send your e-mail. Thank you!"
- RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE click on the BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the RED "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Facebook -or- Instagram -or- Pinterest -or- Youtube account
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Blue Jeans | Pajamas for A...
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- DONATE YOUR BIRTHDAY ON FACEBOOK...
- Marketing | PR | Fundraising...