The Salvation Army is looking for volunteers to help lead their Troops program. The Salvation Army's character-building Troop program is a Biblically based youth program whose goal is to give young people a safe community in which to grow and prosper.
The Salvation Army’s Troops character building programs are fun, safe and educational program include Moonbeams for pre-K and Kindergarten boys and girls, Sunbeams for elementary girls, and Adventure Corps for boys and young men.
This position is available at two locations:
1.The Salvation Army Hayward Corps, Hayward - every Wednesday from 3p.m. top 6p.m.
2.The Salvation Army Garden Street Center, Oakland- every Thursday from 4:30p.m. to 6p.m.
Volunteers will be given a curriculum and will be thoroughly trained
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- once a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant