Volunteers passionate about the quality of care our nation's Veterans receive are needed at the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital. The Truman VA is looking for talented individuals who are looking for an opportunity to give back to America's heroes. The following service positions are available.
- Information Desk: Provide patients, family members and visitors with directions and needed information. Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, or 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.
- Patient Escort: Assist patients to and from inpatient units and clinic areas; transport medical records, lab specimens and run errands.
- Volunteer Drivers: Drive patients to and from the medical center for appointments. Drivers needed in Kirksville, Jefferson City, Waynesville, Cuba, Buffalo and Springfield.
- Cheer Cart: Visit patients rooms offering books, magazines and newspapers or arts, crafts and cards.
- Clerical: Assist in inpatient and outpatient settings with various clerical duties.
- Patient Visitation: Assist nursing staff by visiting patients and helping patients with personal tasks.
- Coffee Cart: Serve coffee and refreshments to Veterans, family members and visitors in waiting areas.
- Recreation Therapy Service: Assist staff with recreational and special events.
- My HealtheVet Help Desk: Assist patients with their My HealtheVet account. Assistance may include helping with registration, authentication, password reset, and opting-in to Secure Messaging.
- Veteran Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 3 hours during normal business hours