Associates work directly with the associated AsylumConnect director and are invaluable to the continued growth of our organization. Our associate positions allow individuals with specialized skill sets to make a meaningful contribution to AsylumConnect while making less of a time commitment than director positions.ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON OUR ASSOCIATE POSITIONS:
- All associate positions listed below are for immediate hire. All associate positions will be reassessed in June 2018 and offer a chance of renewal upon satisfactory completion.
- All associates report directly to the associated AsylumConnect director.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Fundraising Manager to work closely with our Director of Finance on leading our fundraising efforts. This position presents the unique opportunity to brainstorm and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies for AsylumConnect. You will work to identify and apply to funding opportunities, including: nonprofit grantmakers, pitch competitions, and corporate sponsorship. You will also work to bolster our grassroots fundraising strategy in order to secure more private individual donations. As Fundraising Manager, you will play a pivotal role in attracting much-needed funding to our cause.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Finance.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies (including creative crowdfunding campaigns, targeting email lists via MailChimp, using social media campaign tools for fundraising purposes, etc.).
- Work with the Director of Finance to bolster AsylumConnect's grassroots donations strategy.
- Help to assess/monitor fundraising needs to meet organizational goals.
- Assist the Director of Finance with researching and applying for additional sources of funding (private and governmental grants, pitch competitions, etc.).
- Assist the Director of Finance with researching and obtaining corporate sponsorship.
- Maintain all fund development records.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): fundraising, grant writing, research, proposal development, project management.
- Ability to record, monitor and update financial progress.
- Excellent written communication (English) and interpersonal skills: ability to help craft compelling funding proposals and inspire people to donate to our cause, both in writing and in-person.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail: research potential corporate sponsors and additional sources of funding.
- You are creative, a great writer, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Bonus(es): Knowledge or experience in seeking corporate sponsorship, launching crowdfunding campaigns, grant writing, soliciting individual donations (via email lists, etc.) and/or using social media campaign tools for fundraising efforts (Facebook Ads, etc.).
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment