WE'RE LOOKING FOR OUR NEXT GENERATION OF LEADERSHIP!
As an AsylumConnect director, you'll get in on the ground floor of a young nonprofit initiative. You'll be able to truly make a difference in the lives of LGBTQ asylum seekers in the U.S., and your voice will matter in our organization. Together, we will shape the future and vision of AsylumConnect.
We're looking for individuals who are passionate about AsylumConnect's mission. Our directors have a deep understanding and appreciation for the impact of our resource catalog, and a dedication to ensuring that it reaches its full potential.
- The following director positions are for immediate hire (exact start date negotiable) and require a minimum commitment through June 2018. (*Preference will be given to candidates who are genuinely interested in remaining on our leadership team for multiple 1-year terms.)
- All directors will report to the President and come with the chance to lead associate positions.
- All directors are expected to attend monthly director meetings (via video call).
- All directors will receive a personalized AsylumConnect Gmail account.
- All directors are expected to work collaboratively with teammates and do their best to prioritize AsylumConnect-related correspondence (i.e. Slack, email, video calls, etc.).
We're looking for someone who is passionate about marketing, social media, and spreading the word about AsylumConnect. In this role, you will help us to grow our name recognition and to develop a consistent brand narrative. This is a unique opportunity to hone your digital marketing skills while helping us to raise much-needed awareness for both our cause and organization.
- Ensure AsylumConnect establishes a clear, strong, and consistent brand narrative across publications and online platforms.
- Lead the effort to brainstorm, create, and implement marketing campaigns to increase awareness for AsylumConnect and our cause. Collaborate with teammates to publicize any crowdfunding or recruitment campaigns.
- Help to increase AsylumConnect’s web and social media presences through implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and launching online advertising campaigns (social media, PPC, etc).
- Monitor AsylumConnect’s Google AdWords account and MailChimp email marketing account.
- Identify relevant media outlets and build significant relationships with them.
- Write compelling and succinct press releases as needed.
- Directly manage assigned associate position(s), including: Social Media Manager, Blogger, and Media Relations Manager.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): marketing, online advertising, brand management, public relations, capacity building, social media, media relations.
- Innovative vision for possible marketing campaigns to increase awareness for our cause and organization.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and significance of AsylumConnect across online platforms.
- Ability to pitch AsylumConnect to reporters and journalists.
- Superior written and oral English language skills.
- Creative, passionate, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet deadlines.
- Bonus(es): Experience with Google AdWords & Analytics, PPC ads, social media advertising (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.), MailChimp or related email marketing service, implementing SEO strategies, video creation/production ability.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours/week