Are you male 19 years of age or older? Would you like to spend time with a boy or young male who is looking for a friend? Start something today and enroll in our Big Brothers program. Spend a few hours a week with your new Little Brother having fun, chatting, doing crafts and hobbies. Just hanging out.
The Big Brothers Mentoring program provides boys and young men with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Big Brothers Mentoring program usually requires two regularly scheduled outings a month of several hours each and a minimum of 1 year committment.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men.
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
- and above all, make a difference while having fun.
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 2 outings per month