Do you want to make a difference in a child life? You can! We’re looking for volunteers to help out in the classroom at Olympic Sculpture Park. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a supportive teaching team and help a child get joyfully muddy, be wildly creative and enjoy the childhood we all deserve - one full of play, adventure and wonder. Contact Serena@TinyTrees.org to sign up.
As a Classroom Volunteer you will:
- Support our teachers in an outdoor classes based in Olympic Sculpture Park to create an inviting and emotionally safe classroom.
- Support the health, safety, and welfare of all children. This includes helping children stay warm and dry in poor weather, managing risk in an outdoor setting and addressing student conflict.
- Interact with the public. This may include giving directions, explaining what outdoor preschool looks like, and highlighting resources or activities in the park.
- Excited to get dirty and laugh a lot while being outside in all types of weather.
- Love children, equity in education, and the environment.
- Tolerant of uncertainty and change.
- Able to commit to at least two months of volunteering at one site on a regular scheduled day and time. More time is always welcome!
We need volunteers Monday through Friday either in the morning from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. or in the afternoon from 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. An example commitment would be Fridays 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. from September through October.
We are especially eager to engage volunteers with backgrounds similar to those of the young people we serve. Multi-lingual and people of color encouraged to apply.
Volunteer! Contact Corbin Muck at email@example.com to get plugged in.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 4 hours per week