Music and Movement Storytime Assistant Volunteer
6 people are interested
We are looking for a Storytime Assistant at the Carver Branch! This volunteer will help our Youth Librarian during the very active Music and Movement program for children ages 3-5. The program focuses on the Sing and Play recommendations for early literacy which helps develops gross motor skills, listening skills, and social skills, while introducing new vocabulary.
- Thursdays 10-11am | 1 volunteer needed for a weekly 1 hour shift
- Help the Youth Services Librarian prepare the room
- Assist the Youth Services Librarian in handing out materials during the program
- Participating in the program by dancing and shaking along
- Cleaning up the program
Contact Volunteer Services at APL.Volunteers@austintexas.gov for information or check out our webpage at www.library.austintexas.gov/volunteer for detailed information on our program.
We'll work with your schedule.
Carver Branch1161 Angelina StreetAustin, TX 78702
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Dance / Aerobics
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week for minimum 3 months