What is RAMP?
Career-focused mentoring program for youth with disabilities
The Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program (RAMP) is a high-tech, career-focused mentoring program for youth involved with or at risk of becoming involved with the juvenile justice system. The RAMP model uses a combination of group, peer, and individualized mentoring to promote the successful transition of all youth, including those with disabilities, to employment, continued learning opportunities, and independent living.
Basic requirements to be a mentor:
- 21+ in age (if interested but under 21, contact us for more information)
- Complete an Initial Interview with the RAMP Coordinator
- Ability to commit to 4 hours of mentoring per month for 12 consecutive months
- Complete introductory and quarterly training with the RAMP Coordinator
- Be a caring individual who relates well to young people with or without disabilities!
A Mentor can be a person with or without a disability. We strive to promote equality and advocacy for all people within our community.
We are able to provide accommodations to mentors and mentees upon request. Please contact a RAMP Coordinator for more information.
How it Works
A network of support
The Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program builds on existing efforts by schools and employers and taps into the experience of its mentors to help students find viable paths for their future.
Each youth meets regularly one-on-one with a mentor to develop and implement an Individualized Mentoring Plan (IMP).While in RAMP, youth have the opportunity to:
- Assess and explore their own career interests
- Develop a plan and set goals for their transition
- Create a resource map of their community’s high-tech industries
- Gain workplace soft skills
- Build resume writing and interviewing skills
- Interact with employers and experience a variety of work settings
- Give and receive peer support
- Take advantage of group and personal leadership opportunities
- Design and build a high-tech related team project
- And most importantly... have fun!
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Four hours per month
- Attend mentor trainings