HIP Housing is a non-profit organization that provides affordable housing through programs such as Home Sharing and Self-Sufficiency for families with children as well as through owned and managed subsidized and below-market housing in San Mateo County.
Since August 2015, HIP Housing has operated a Home Sharing Program in the City of Fremont to match persons who have a room to rent in Fremont, Union City and Newark match with a home seeker who currently lives, works, or attends school in Fremont. Home Sharing reduces housing costs, keeps people independent in their housing and increases the supply affordable housing opportunities.
We are seeking a Home Sharing Program Volunteer to assist with the following activities:
1. Screening intake calls from persons who contact the agency to inquire about the Home Sharing Program.
2. Making calls to clients to check in with them to see if they have found a housemate and/or need housemate referrals.
3. Update client database with notes about client conversation.
4. Assist with other projects such as making copies of applications, reference checking, filing, and outreach activities to promote awareness of the program
- Ability to work well independently
- Clear, friendly and professional speaking voice
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access and Internet (willing to train)
- Comfortable making phone calls and speaking with persons over the phone
Training/Support Provided by HIP Housing:
- Overview of HIP Housing’s home sharing program and Agency.
- Script provided to help guide conversations with clients.
- Supervision and training provided by Program Coordinator.
Time Needed: Weekdays with flexible hours/schedule in City of Fremont office.
Contact: Laura Moya, Home Sharing Program Coordinator at 510-574-2173 or via email at email@example.com.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, weekdays