Walnut Creek Village opened on September 25, 2017. We partner with other local Villages such as Lamorinda, and Clayton Valley, to pool resources for finding preferred providers, co-hosting events and exchanging operational information. We are looking for Office Support Volunteers to join our team.
The Office Support Volunteers are critical members of the Operations Team. Theirs will be the first voice a caller will hear when they contact Walnut Creek Village. As the "front desk" of our village, our Office Support Volunteers provide that critical first impression to prospective and enrolled members, volunteers, service providers, and all other callers.
Currently, we are a virtual organization searching for office space. We work from our homes and rotate office shifts. It is helpful for volunteers to reside within Contra Costa County, CA.
Office Support Volunteers are responsible for answering incoming telephone calls and such tasks as:
- Responding to members’ requests for service from volunteers or from professional service providers
- Answering questions from members and prospective members about benefits, fees, upcoming events
- Entering pertinent information into our database
- Responding to general inquiries about Walnut Creek Village
Office Support Volunteers must be able to:
- Use a computer with current software programs
- Look up information
- Enter data
- Interact effectively over the telephone and enjoy conversing with new people
- Be patient with callers who may not know exactly what they need or how to ask for it
- Convey genuine enthusiasm for Walnut Creek Village and our mission
An active interest in new people and an appetite for learning new things are also important.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shifts: 10AM – 2PM Monday-Thursday