Director of Development
GIRLS FOR TECHNOLOGY INC
We are challenged to create a fundraising and development operation that will provide the annual revenue and the depth of support we need to ensure that our programs and organization are supported and sustained over the short and long term. The organization's leadership is deeply committed to its fundraising success. To this end, the Board seeks a part-time, volunteer Director of Development to join our organization for the long term. At the end of the first year, a commission can be negotiated.
The successful candidate must have an authentic passion for our mission, excellent management skills, demonstrated success as an engaging fundraiser and a highly articulate communicator, skilled at making a compelling case for support both on paper and in person.
Ideally, here's what we would like in our Director of Development:
- An established leader with at least 10-15 years of senior development experience with demonstrable achievements, both financial and operational
- Proven ability to build, manage, mentor, motivate, and hold accountable to high standards
- A commitment to excellence and success in increasing the effectiveness of development staff through established objectives and methods
- Expertise in strategic and operational resource development planning (both short and long-term); demonstrated success in executing broad fundraising strategies
- Proven ability to personally develop strategies, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors; and the ability to inspire high net worth individuals and major foundations to financial leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including grant writing, with an emphasis on the ability to persuade
- Creative and innovative, with entrepreneurial and strategic inclinations
- A Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- Commitment to working 20-hours per week (minimum of 10)
- Commitment to volunteering a minimum of one year with Girls For Technology
About GIRLS FOR TECHNOLOGY INC
750 Main St, Suite, HARTFORD, CT 06103, US
Empowering the next generation of girls to explore opportunities to become tomorrows leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
Girls For Technology, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization after-school program committed to closing the gender gap within STEM fields one girl at a time. We provide after-school, summer enrichment programs, and workshops for under-served, under-represented adolescent girls ages 11-17 in Greater Hartford, CT school district, and neighboring towns. Our main focus is to peak girls’ interest in technology and engineering. During the summer we offer STEM-ulating activities. At GFT, members have access to mentoring, tutoring, homework help, hands-on project based STEM activities, team building, field trips, public speaking training and leadership development. We partner with schools and other community providers to inspire girls to realize their potential in the fields Technology and Engineering.