Nka Foundation welcomes volunteers to a life changing experience by cultural immersion and service learning outside of Western culture.
Full-immersion experiential program in rural Africa in our Arts Village Community in Ghana.
If you are a student, you can participate for internships, thesis or research on a special topic for college credits. We also welcome faculty-led curricular projects at our rural community. We issue a Certificate of Participation at the end of the program.
TEACHING PROGRAM IN ABETENIM ARTS VILLAGE:
About 98% of adults in Abetenim are unable to read or write due to poor education background. Nursery, primary and junior secondary school placements are available.
Volunteers are needed to teach one or two of the following school subjects:
- Social Studies
- Arts and Craft
- Sport, among others.
FREE TIME ACTIVITIES:
Volunteers can take part in some of the social events in the everyday life of the community, such as traditional festivals, community labor, worship, and meetings to gain new skills. There will be opportunities for lush forest hikes, day-trips to experience any of the regional attractions, or guided tours to explore the nearby villages and townships.
- Anyone with a big heart, enthusiasm and older than 18 is welcome!
- Minimum stay of 2 weeks in the chosen program
- 100 EUR/USD per week for accommodation and food provided by Nka Foundation in the Arts Village
- 400 EUR/USD participation fee to support the local project and the initiatives that make Nka Foundation possible. You can organize local events in your college/city to get donations.
- Flights, visa and personal expenses not included
- Facebook Page: Nka Foundation Projects
- WhatsApp: +34 670 900 148
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact us describing your motivations, skills and preferred dates and we will find the way for you to contribute to the community and have a great experience.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Students Abroad in Rural Africa
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- Music Arts
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of 2 weeks