After-School Program Tutor
4 people are interested
Acta Non Verba, Project Access, and Oakland Parks and Recreation have come together to offer our After-School Program open to all Tassafaronga Village Residents K-8. We offer homework help, farm education, extracurricular activities, occasional field trips, and snacks every Monday - Thursdays.
Schedule -- MTuTh, 2:30pm - 5:30pm; W, 1:00pm - 5:30pm. We ask for a weekly commitment of 4-6 hours.
This is a free program to Tassafaronga Residents. ASP tutors meet weekly with students enrolled in nearby elementary schools, who residents of Tassafaronga Village, and are enrolled in the after-school program.
- Tutors must have superior knowledge of various academic areas (english, Math, Reading, Science)
- Farm or gardening knowledge is a plus!
- Be highly motivated and passionate to work with low income youth and help prepare students for academic success
- Ability to effectively communicate with children in different settings, group and individual
- Understanding and patience is a must.
- This is an unpaid position, but we can provide school credits, service hours, and work out transportation stipends.
- Current student working toward a BS/BA
- Experience working with youth including paid and volunteer positions
- Experience working with diverse youth
- Bi/multilingual students (preferably Yemeni-Arabic or Spanish), individuals with backgrounds similar to target population (low-income and first in their families to attend college) are strongly encouraged to apply.
We'll work with your schedule.
1001 83rd. Ave #1Oakland, CA 94621
- Cooking / Catering
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- We ask for a min. weekly commitment of 4-6 hours.