History Education Facilitator
13 people are interested
Help bring history to life! Education Facilitators support the delivery of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania’s (HSP) education programs to the K-college audience and are integral in contributing to the successful achievement of the Society’s mission to make history relevant and exhilarating.
As an Education Facilitator, you will receive extensive training on how to effectively lead stations during field trips from visiting schools. Each volunteer receives online background material to study and support to successfully lead a document-based learning experience.
HSP hosts field trips Monday through Thursday, the times each week very but usually are in the mornings. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a background or interest in education and who is comfortable dealing with students from 4 th to 12 th grade.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Learn field trip program materials through attending training, studying material available online.
· Assist in the running of educational programs that fit with your personal schedule.
· Answer questions from students/parents/teachers/general public about HSP
· Assist education staff in setting up for and cleaning up after program.
· Participate in dialogue with staff and other volunteers about program improvements.
· Assist with some outreach programs as required.
- Gain valuable training and experience in document-based education and public speaking.
- Learn interesting information about the various field trip topics.
- Connect with others who love history and want to share it with school groups.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1300 Locust StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19107
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- General Education
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 to 4.5 hours per week (varies)