We are seeking members of the community to provide volunteer support to our Hospice patients and their families. We have a wide variety of ways you can share your compassion, talents, experiences and time.
- Visiting our patients & families at home or in facilities to offer conversation and comfort
- Providing assistance that meets the needs of our patients and families, such as light housekeeping.
- Being a friendly caller for those who need a calm, helpful telephone companion.
- Facilitating grief support, under the supervision and support of our staff.
- Share a skill or talent. Music, arts and crafts, and so much more can bring joy to patients and families.
This is a great opportunity to receive basic specialty training and hands on experience with hospice in a supportive setting. We offer training in the skills needed to support our patients and families. Volunteers choosing office administrative support functions will receive orientation and on the job training.
Each volunteer with Absolute Home Health and Hospice chooses the amount of time they would like to give. Flexible hours are available.
Why Absolute Home Health and Hospice?
Volunteer's gift of time, energy, talents and skills fill a unique role that only they can provide. This role is enriched by our friendly and knowledgeable staff of therapists, social workers, nurses, office staff and more. We are invested in helping you grow as a volunteer and as a person. Many of the skills developed by joining our family of volunteers and professionals can be applied in your own career and/or personal lives. Often our volunteers also discover a great sense of satisfaction from contributing in a deep and meaningful way.
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Annual TB test - done free on site.