Massachusetts Nursery & Landscape Association seeks a fun and energetic content writer to join our volunteer social media team to write for our PlantSomething MA Instagram and Twitter pages. Writer must have a love and a comprehensive understanding of gardening and landscaping. You will be responsible for writing interesting, engaging and educational posts geared towards Massachusetts consumers and have the ability to come up with original, relevant and timely topics.
We want to expand our range of topics to include new trends in gardening, such as houseplants, succulents, container gardening, urban gardening and community gardening.
Requirements: Provide 2-4 posts per month to Project Coordinator. Volunteer must be a self-motivated and reliable individual who is comfortable working independently with limited oversight. All internal communication will be done via email and phone.
- Based in Massachusetts
- Have a love and a comprehensive understanding of gardening and landscaping
- Must be technology savvy
- Understand how to use hashtags effectively, a plus
- Solid knowledge of social media
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in grammar and punctuation
- Must be creative and able to come up with relevant, interesting topics
- Need to be witty and clever in under 160 characters for Twitter
- Equipment requirements: computer, internet connection and telephone
Compensation & Benefits: None as this position is voluntary.
Start Date: Immediately
We are accepting resumes ongoing. Interested applicants please apply by e-mailing cover letter, and resume, Jess @ PlantSomethingMA (dot) org with the subject line: Social Media Team
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours per week
- Provide 2-4 posts per month to Project Coordinator. Based in Massachusetts. Have a love and a c