Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) is seeking a talented Alumni Community Manager to engage and serve an international network of graduates from GWLN’s cornerstone leadership program, "Women Leaders of the World (WLW)"
In this role, you will work closely with the GWLN Leadership Team and be responsible for cultivating, maintaining and strengthening alumni ties to GWLN. The Alumni Community Manager will respond to all alumni inquiries and collaborate with Marketing on success stories to promote our graduates.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the different facets of a fast-paced non-profit organization and to join a community of global women leaders.
You are responsible for communicating news to and from WLW graduates about upcoming leadership programs, partnership opportunities and events, as well as recommending and implementing strategies and tactics that engage GWLN’s alumni in meaningful and innovative ways.
- Develop, execute and update the Alumni management plan
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Leadership Team to identify resources and opportunities for GWLN alumni
- Manage communications with alumni in all formats (social media, email, webinars, etc.)
- Respond to general inquiries including partnership opportunities from alumni
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop success stories and marketing content to feature alumni impact and achievements
- Operate with a commitment to GWLN values - accountability, results orientation, inclusiveness, transparency, reciprocity and collaboration.
- Ensure compliance with sustainability and scalability goals in design of program infrastructure
- Prepare, operate and manage an annual budget
- Attend and help coordinate GWLN events, recruiting graduates as needed
- Maintain accurate records of graduates in email database (Constant Contact).
- Participate in bi-monthly leadership team meetings (2x a month, option to attend virtually)
- Other projects as needed
* Experience in executing excellent programs and refining them through periodic evaluation
* Global advocacy
* Passion for social justice and gender equality
* BS or BA Degree preferred
* Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
* Strong oral and written communications in English
* Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
* Ability to engage and work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
* Actively use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
* Effective troubleshooter
* Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
* Ability to use online tools including web conferencing (Linqto, SKYPE, Zoom etc.)
* Ability to lead virtual teams who represent many different cultures
* Minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week.**
* Flexible hours
* Can work virtually
* Candidate must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and able to attend bi-monthly leadership meetings
* Requires local travel and some evening engagements
This position is a volunteer position.
Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) exists to help women step out of survival and dependence into their inherent power, enabling the transformation of world conditions - woman by woman. Our policy is to work for women, in partnership with individuals, NGOs and corporations, to create an environment conducive to broad participation for major social change around the world.
- - - -
We envision a world in which all women experience equity: economically, politically, and socially.
Our Mission is to Radically accelerate the empowerment of women through transformational leadership development and an engaged global network.
What We Do
For 10 years we have catalyzed global women’s voices and impact through transformational leadership training. The training program, "Women Leaders of the World (WLW)" is conducted in the US and Kenya. Training is followed by a year of expert coaching to build on and reinforce the impact of the training. Our work doesn’t end here, each graduate gains entrance into our GWLN alumni network for lifelong collaboration and support. The result is breakthrough thinking and visionary leadership that transforms the lives of women and the impact they have on the world.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours a week
- Global advocacy, Passion for social justice and gender equality