Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) is seeking a talented IT specialist to update and maintain the organization’s computing infrastructure and implement new technologies across teams. The ideal candidate possess strong programming skills, specially in HTML, Java and SQL
We are looking for someone enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative and adaptable who possess a strong sense of responsibility. The position requires an ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision. Applicants with superior planning and organizational skills will have first preference.
- Maintain a robust and flexible computing infrastructure (email, file server, Google Analytics, e-conferencing, social media tools, mobile giving, donor database, Constant Contact, etc. ).
- Facilitate the effective integration of technology by GWLN staff and alumni through training, consulting and other support activities.
- Support marketing with website and event needs (audiovisual, presentations, digital equipment including cameras and video camcorders).
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions to improve efficiencies.
- Global advocacy
* Passion for social justice and gender equality
- BS or BA Degree preferred
- Proficiency in computer programming, specifically HTML, Java, and SQL.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups.
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision.
- BONUS: Basic understanding of design tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator for graphic work.
Perform independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Part-time - up to 20 hours a week
Can work virtually; May be required to attend team meetings semi-monthly
The volunteer position is unpaid.
Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) exists to help women step out of survival and dependence into their inherent power, enabling the transformation of world conditions - woman by woman. Our policy is to work for women, in partnership with individuals, NGOs and corporations, to create an environment conducive to broad participation for major social change around the world.
- - - - - - -
We envision a world in which all women experience equity: economically, politically, and socially.
Our Mission is to Radically accelerate the empowerment of women through transformational leadership development and an engaged global network.
What We Do
For 10 years we have catalyzed global women’s voices and impact through transformational leadership training. The training program, "Women Leaders of the World (WLW)" is conducted in the US and Kenya. Training is followed by a year of expert coaching to build on and reinforce the impact of the training. Our work doesn’t end here, each graduate gains entrance into our GWLN alumni network for lifelong collaboration and support. The result is breakthrough thinking and visionary leadership that transforms the lives of women and the impact they have on the world.
- IT Management
- SQL / MySQL
- Information Architecture
- Website Project Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- IT Strategy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- up to 20 hours a week