About Aleph: We are a nonprofit Jewish faith based organization that advocates for individuals who are incarcerated. Aleph was founded on the belief that no individual should ever be alone or forgotten. We are a proponent for the reformation of the criminal justice system and the reduction of recidivism rates through alternative sentencing methods and reentry services.
Job Description: As an intern you will be assisting our Reentry Program Coordinator in continuing the development of our National Reentry Program. Through this internship, you will gain first hand experience on what it is to be on the front lines of fighting for the reformation of the Criminal Justice System. Through the work that you will do, you will gain valuable lessons and experiences that will be used throughout your lifetime. As an intern, you will work for a national nonprofit faith based organization where you will have the opportunity to emerge yourself in a unique office culture. In addition, you will be given the chance to make connections all throughout different departments across Los Angeles.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work x amount of days per week from 9am-4pm
- An interest in criminal justice, sociology, or psychology affairs.
- Volunteer experience or experience in the nonprofit sector
- Excellent research skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
- Please Include in an email to Joyce Colker ( email@example.com ) the following:
- Short Cover Letter on your previous experiences and a description of why you are interested in this internship and what you would like to get out interning
- Contact information
- Interning for college credit is possible
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training