Arts Unbound is currently seeking new board members for open seats on our volunteer board of directors. The board supports the work of Arts Unbound and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance to help us reach our goals:
- To promote careers in the visual arts as an option for people with disabilities.
- To provide ongoing participatory arts programming to seniors to support their artistic expression and emotional well-being.
- To ensure artists with disabilities have equal access to resources and can express their own creative vision.
While day-to-day operations are led by the executive director hired by the board, the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted adviser to the ED as s/he develops and implements AU’s strategic plan.
- Approving AU’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Representing AU to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensuring AU’s commitment to a diverse board and staff.
Board Members will consider Arts Unbound a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that we can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, we expect to have 100 percent of board members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity. Board members are expected to actively contribute to fundraising efforts and complete an annual personal fundraising plan that raises a minimum of $2,000 in unrestricted funding for the organization.
Interested candidates should contact Margaret Mikkelsen at firstname.lastname@example.org to be referred to the board development committee. Please attach a resume and provide any relevant information about prior volunteer or board service.
- Special Needs
- Visual Arts
- Retail / Sales
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per month