3Point Foundation is Boston based 501(c)(3) non profit and our charge is to provide educational and career opportunities to under-served youth in the Boston area through sports based activites and innovative educational curriculum. If you are passionate about athletics, education, youth empowerment, then we would love for you to be a part of the 3Point team.
Is This You?
The 3Point Team is looking for Content/Blog Writers to build awareness and grow audience of 3Point and its programs.
The Content/Blog Writer is responsible for researching, proposing, copy writing, proofing and editing marketing content for all platforms across 3Point. This includes creating and curating marketing content to engage our 3Point community and new prospects through, email newsletters, 3Point website, various marketing materials (postcards, program calendars, invitations, flyers, etc.) and advertisements. Across all communications, the Content Writer will be responsible for building awareness and audience growth of 3Point and its programs and ensuring that the organization’s marketing communications are consistent with its business goals and brand standards. This position supports the work of the Marketing Manager, works closely with the Project Manager, and is integrated into the efforts of the Marketing Department.
- Write clear, persuasive marketing copy that meets both promotional and brand objectives, assuring consistent quality and tone, amending it in response to feedback.
- Work within a variety of cohesive voices to showcase our various programming areas such as sports, education, and youth recreation classes and more.
- Work with marketing team to brainstorm concepts, write copy, edit content and copy and proofread 3Point communications materials, including collateral and publications, web content, emails, ads, promotions, flyers, and more.
- Proofreading includes checking facts, spelling, grammar, correct and up-to-date funding language and use of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Route drafts to program staff and management, and coordinate proposed edits and approvals.
- Interview program staff, participants, donors, Board members and others for feature stories for newsletters, social media and other communications.
- Maintain the marketing content calendar for blogs and email newsletters.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop content strategy across platforms to build brand awareness, promote specific events and programs, engage and build our online community, generate inbound traffic and cultivate leads.
- Actively seek out and identify relevant content from numerous 3Point programs and businesses, including engaging in-person with staff and participants at the numerous programs and events in and outside our main campus, and outside of regular business hours.
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week