Grant Writer Needed!
Looking to contribute your research and writing skills to empowering youth of color to heal from trauma? Join us as our Grant Writer! The Grant Writer will be responsible for writing proposals and applications for unrestricted operating revenue grants and for submitting timely and accurate reports for grant funded projects. Your work will directly impact our growth and mission. You will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer.
At MindRight (http://getmindright.org/), we provide mental health coaching over text message to teens impacted by trauma from systemic violence, poverty, and discrimination. We train volunteers to serve as coaches, who support teens via text message over our web app. We’re not crisis response - we check in proactively with our users daily, reaching them on their good days and bad days, helping them build positive coping skills.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and applications to government, foundation, and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on government agencies/RFPs, foundations, and corporations to evaluate prospects for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Work with our co-founders to gather information necessary to report to complete grant applications.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by government/foundation/corporate sources.
- Maintain current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide CEO with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of one year experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
Featured in Forbes and Fast Company
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Anticipated 3-4 hours/week