Spanish Speaking Tutor needed for unaccompanied refugee/immigrant youth in Kirkland
7 people are interested
New Roads: a group home for unaccompanied refugee/immigrant young men ages 17-21 years old.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Tutoring volunteers will assist residents with Spanish homework/test preparation at New Roads Kingsgate. Tutors will work individually with residents.
REPORTS TO: Site Program Staff
- Arrive on time
- Sign in and out for volunteer shift on the volunteer hours record sheet
- Assist students with homework and test preparation
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Available Monday through Friday between 4 pm and 7 pm.
- Volunteers must undergo a DSHS background check and get their finger prints tested. Please note that Friends of Youth pays for both of these.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Volunteers will go through both an interview and at least one reference check.
- Ability to show tolerance and acceptance of youth.
- Understand nature of youth/adult relationship. Is comfortable with, and accepts role of authority.
- Good role model
ADDRESS IS CONFIDENTIALKirkland, WA 98034
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training