City Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year, or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. This specific opportunity is with Lexington Rescue Mission.
- Review eligible applicants, participate on intake screening team and make recommendations for admission.
- Weekly or monthly (alternate with another intern) overnight House Supervision.
- To be able to conduct In-Takes of new clients.
- Ensures that all clients are present for curfew and conducts bed checks after curfew.
- Each week Logs Guest Status: Bed Number, Name, Entry Fee status, Weekly Fee status, Fee status, House Meeting Attended status, Recovery Meetings attended status, and Church attended status.
- Conducts and records weekly client’s fee and deposits weekly fees in the House safe.
- Distributes and logs controlled medications.
- To be able to conduct drug and breathalyzer test. Judiciously administers use of dismissal if a guest is positive for drugs or alcohol.
- Sort incoming and forwarding client’s mail.
- Schedules client’s chores.
- Ensures that the House’s laundry (not the guest’s personal laundry) is washed, dried and put away.
- Ensures that all quests comply with the Translational Living facilities’ Guidelines.
- Nurture a safe, secure, clean, sober, and substance-free environment that will be reassuring to clients.
- Appropriately and calmly addresses emergency situations that may arise within the House by promptly summoning the police, fire department, or ambulance.
- Provides Incident Reports covering all significant problems or conflicts.
- Model healthy Christian discipleship through living at the Transitional Living House with personal integrity, appropriate expectations and boundaries of one’s self, growing relationship with Christ, and emotional maturity.
- Attend and participate in staff, division and transitional living team meetings.
- Participate (the announcement part) in weekly house meetings with residents in cooperation with staff.
- Work with the Restorative Services Resident Care Team to hold guests accountable to their responsibilities and transition plan. Record activity and progress appropriately within the computer database. Maintain and uphold all confidentiality standards.
- Communicate household needs to Restorative Services Resident Care Team. Assist in the acquisition and distribution of supplies.
- Provide a welcoming environment for mentors, volunteers and community involvement in the house.
- Offer administrative support in areas of transportation, minor maintenance work.
- The possibility of assisting in the execution of events, small groups, programs, tours, volunteer training, fundraising and staff development.
- A maturing Christian faith, participation in an evangelical Church, actively growing in connection with Christ.
- Responsible, trustworthy, compassionate and assertive to support people with varying physical, mental, spiritual, emotional and social and addictive behavioral challenges.
- Good emotional health, teachable & responsive attitude, flexible & encouraging team player.
- Free from substance abuse and addiction for at least 5 years. (If less than 5 years applicant will be considered on a case by case basis).
Experience, Skills & Abilities :
- Experience in homeless shelter, or recovery community, or transitional living program preferred.
- Basic computer skills including internet, word processing, email & database record keeping.
- Strong relational and communication skills including conflict resolution, de-escalation, confrontation, accountability, crisis intervention and active listening.
- Sensitive to the unique needs of diverse populations.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Christian Ministry Internship:...
- Youth Ministry Internship:...
- Urban Ministry Internship:...
- Urban Ministry Internship:...
- Youth Ministyr Internship: Al...
- Urban Ministry Internship: Union...
- Urban Ministry Internship: Men's...
- Urban Ministry: Hotline &...
- Guest Assistant (Intern/High...
- Office Manager/Administrative...
- Homeowner Services...
- International Literacy Training...