LSS Meal and Shelter Check In
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereContact: Lutheran Social Services for detailsThousand Oaks, CA 91360
Purpose: The purpose of the Meal & Shelter Check-In is to assist with checking in guests to the LSS Meal Program which runs continuously 365 days per year and the shelter which runs December 1 - March 31.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the clients and other volunteers
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, patient and have problem solving abilities
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Lutheran Social Services clients, employees, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Able to use computer and the LSS Meal & Shelter check in system
- Able to drive to meal location
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs is preferred
This position includes two volunteer areas: 1) To use the LSS Meal & Shelter check in system on a computer or 2) Write the guest names on the LSS sign-in forms.
The Meal & Shelter Site Manager/ Program Manager will:
- Provide the sign in forms and the laptop computer necessary to complete the tasks required
- Take a photo of any new meal/shelter guest and send to the Site Manager/Program manager for upload into the computer system
The Meal & Shelter Check-In volunteer should arrive at the designated location at 5:20pm. The check-in portion of the night typically concludes by 7:30pm. The Site Manager/Program Manager will provide sign-in sheets at the meal locations and a laptop for the computer use. The Meal & Shelter Check-In volunteer must ask for I.D. of any new meal/shelter guests and a current T.B. test of all guests during the shelter season. The Site Manager/Program Manager will take a photo of any new meal/shelter guests.
Depending on the meal/shelter location, the volunteer may be asked to assist with clean up or to help put away tables and chairs.
Evening from 5:20pm -7:30pm.
Training will be provided. The LSS Program Manager is on call for any questions or problems.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Evenings 5:20pm-7:30pm