JerseySTEM is non profit that recruits volunteer students from New Jerey Universities to teach, coach, mentor middle schools students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, organize classes for them, administer and manage the relationship with the sites that host them (schools, clubs,..) and perform marketing activities.
The majority of the students volunteer to participate in the program and provide 20 hours of teaching/mentoring.
JerseySTEM seeks to attract students who are not volunteering their time but are enrolles in programs that requires them to perform work.
These programs vary for university to university and include:
- Federal Work Study Programs
- Service Learning opportunities
- Community based learning opportunities
- Optional Practical Training for international students
Contact the Financial aid. Career development, Dean of students offices of each university and document the different opportunities to get students involved in JerseySTEM projects
Identify name, title, email and phone number of the people to contact to make the students aware of these opportunities
A spreadsheet of all the universities and the a description of the relevant programs and the people in charge of them’
Universities of interest
Rutgers, NJIT, Stevens, Kean, Montclair State, Princeton, Kean, Rowan, William Paterson, others
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...