Special Olympics NC - Outreach Chair - Dare County
Special Olympics North Carolina is looking for a responsible individual to serve as Hispanic Outreach Chair in the Chatham County area. The Spanish-speaking Outreach Chair will develop plans and activities to reach eligible persons who have not yet had the opportunity to participate in Special Olympics.
Time Commitment & Requirements:
- Attend a monthly local committee meeting and at least 5 hours per month, year-round.
- It is preferred that you have some background working with people with intellectual disabilities and are familiar with pre-existing services in your county aiding them.
- With support from Special Olympics you will recruit, screen and train members of the Outreach Committee and all associated volunteers
- Ensure that an annual outreach plan is developed and implemented
- Ensure the recommended duties of the Outreach Committee are delegated to its members
- Evalute outreach plans, goals, and objectives annually
- Submit a final report to the local coordinator to assist with the completion of the local accreditation document
116 Lee CourtKill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 5 hours per month + 1 monthly meeting