Volunteer Managers support K-12 classrooms, nonprofit organizations, and after school programs by lining up qualified volunteers. A hub for volunteerism in the Santa Barbara education sector, the Partners in Education Countywide Volunteer Program thrives when it is led by a friendly team of Volunteer Managers who make meaningful connections with each and every volunteer who signs up with us. Volunteer Managers welcome all new volunteers to our program, match them with volunteer opportunities, and serve as the organization’s representative at school sites to greet volunteers on their first visit. Volunteer Managers are well-versed in the volunteer screening requirements and will walk volunteers through the process when required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Welcome all new volunteers to our program with a phone call.
- Match volunteers with active requests according to interests, availability, and qualifications.
- Walk volunteers through screening requirements according to education code.
- Provide progress updates to educators on the status of their volunteer requests.
- Manage volunteer schedules.
- Follow up with volunteers on a regular basis to ensure they feel supported.
- Greet volunteers at school and nonprofit sites on their first day.
- Recruit volunteers for unfilled requests and special events.
- Collect volunteer impact stories for reporting and social media postings on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to data-entry and database clean-up projects.
- Friendly, outgoing, and comfortable with verbal and written communication
- Customer service experience preferred
- Passion for serving the education sector
- Available 8-10 hours/week, 2-5 days/week
- Minimum commitment of 10 weeks
- People Skills
- Human Resources Recruitment
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Available 8-10 hrs/wk, 2-5 days/wk; min 10 weeks