Our hospice provides many local community facilities with services to their patients. We love to aide their enrichment and activity programs with the level of support to keep their activities going for all residents and their families.
Many of our activities include:
- Nails - Hourly activity sessions to lotion hands and polish resident’s nails (requires 2 volunteers at minimum)
- Hair Services - Once a month activity to provide patients at facilities with a special hair treatment/hair do. May brush, curl, style hair at patient choice/liking. (Provided by a professional/licensed hairstylist)
- Makeup Parties - Once a month activity to provide eye shadow, blush and lipstick color parties to residents. Must be followed up with eye shadow removal before dinner/evening.
- Painting with watercolors/activity books
- Sculpting with play-doh/clay
- Coloring in books
- Record playing (Favorite Decades/Genres)
- Instrumental Performances (from local music schools)
- Singing Performances (Hymns, generation hits)
- Pet Therapy Services provided by: local groups
Game Time Activities
- Bingo Caller - Call bingo and deliver candy winnings
- Other games to play
Grief Support Group Meetings
Meetings are a 6 week program provided to residents, families, caregivers and staff members once a week. A separate program for children is available and provided by guided by book readings and related activities to teach grief understanding and coping.
Building a Memory Program for members who attend the support group service; especially children who are losing a loved one. We provide scrapbooking, photo/memory books, Build-a-Memory stuffed animals, and quilting memory blankets.
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs a week