Our growing agency is in need of clerical/administrative assistance at our Richardson office. This is a perfect opportunity for someone to join a great team environment and learn about the hospice world from the inside out. We have a few volunteer spots open to help on a daily or weekly basis and provide anywhere from 4 to 20 hours a week.
What will the duties you will perform look like?
- Reception/Answer Phone - Assist in providing receptionist relief/backup for busy periods or breaks/time off.
- Patient Follow up Calls - Provide a call to recently admitted patients/families to ensure they have received services satisfactorily. Follows a script and reports responses to DON/Administrator timely using reporting form.
- Medical Records - This task assignment includes handling patient medical records for scanning, uploading to EMR and filing in chart. Other tasks include thinning patient charts, breaking down charts from active to discharged, sorting and storing archived files and sending patient satisfaction surveys at discharge or during bereavement period.
- Human Resources - This assignment will assist with filing, auditing and maintaining up to date HR records for Hospice employees and volunteers.
- Patient/Staff Forms - This assignment will assist with maintaining levels of forms/documents available for field staff; including Admission Packs, CHC packets and other miscellaneous forms. You will keep admin notified of low form levels requiring reorders.
- Medical Supplies - Assist with stocking and inventory of patient medical supplies and orders.
- Office errands - These tasks are assigned as needed for delivering or picking up necessary items to/from patients or facilities; or for office needs.
- Manual updating - Assist with updating forms manuals and policy/procedure books to Administrator and DON.
- Miscellaneous - Other miscellaneous tasks as directed by Administrator or DON to assist with maintaining highest levels of function for the agency.
- Office Reception
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours