Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement Specialist
11 people are interested
Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for a volunteer recruitment and engagement specialist to actively recruit young professional and student volunteers, sponsors, clients and members of the board on a continuing basis. A volunteer recruitment and engagement specialist will also be actively involved in the C-ID community and increase awareness and visibility of Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối.
Under the direction of the Executive Director you will:
- Write, edit, update and manage recruitment ads
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with professional networks, nearby schools, universities, businesses, residents, churches and temples, community centers and other community members in the Little Saigon/Chinatown/International District neighborhoods
- Seek out new opportunities for placement of recruitment ads within schools, professional networks and young professional community forums
- Manage communication with prospective volunteers, donors, clients and members of the board
- Help develop Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối’s vision and future strategy for board of members, sponsors, clients, and future volunteers
- Lead volunteer onboarding sessions twice a month
- Lead community outreach efforts that promote Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối such as posting flyers, event promotion tabling, and attending community meetings
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Network and connect with sponsors, clients, volunteers, and Board of Directors within and outside of Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối
- Network and connect with student organizations and volunteers to promote youth leadership
- Enhance communication and writing skills to diverse professional and social networks
- Network and connect with key members of the C-ID community and employees of the City of Seattle
- Hands-on experience in community engagement activities
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region
About Helping Link: Helping Link is a non-profit organization that offers social services and education programs for Vietnamese refugees and immigrants. Our mission is to "Empower Vietnamese-Americans through assisting them through social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders".
Learn more: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
About Helping Link
1032 S. Jackson St. Suite C, Seattle, WA 98104, US
To empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders.
Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language, citizenship, and computer education classes for adults and seniors; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Directly apply on our website here: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
We'll work with your schedule.
1032 S. Jackson St.Suite #CSeattle, WA 98104
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- 1 year commitment