Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for a volunteer recruitment and engagement specialist to actively recruit young professional and student volunteers, sponsors, clients and members of the board on a continuing basis. A volunteer recruitment and engagement specialist will also be actively involved in the C-ID community and increase awareness and visibility of Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối.
Under the direction of the Executive Director you will:
- Write, edit, update and manage recruitment ads
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with professional networks, nearby schools, universities, businesses, residents, churches and temples, community centers and other community members in the Little Saigon/Chinatown/International District neighborhoods
- Seek out new opportunities for placement of recruitment ads within schools, professional networks and young professional community forums
- Manage communication with prospective volunteers, donors, clients and members of the board
- Help develop Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối’s vision and future strategy for board of members, sponsors, clients, and future volunteers
- Lead volunteer onboarding sessions twice a month
- Lead community outreach efforts that promote Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối such as posting flyers, event promotion tabling, and attending community meetings
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Network and connect with sponsors, clients, volunteers, and Board of Directors within and outside of Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối
- Network and connect with student organizations and volunteers to promote youth leadership
- Enhance communication and writing skills to diverse professional and social networks
- Network and connect with key members of the C-ID community and employees of the City of Seattle
- Hands-on experience in community engagement activities
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region
About Helping Link: Helping Link is a non-profit organization that offers social services and education programs for Vietnamese refugees and immigrants. Our mission is to "Empower Vietnamese-Americans through assisting them through social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders".
Learn more: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Volunteer as an Event Coordinator!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- ESL Instructors
- Graphic Designer
- Program Support Specialist
- Citizenship Instructor
- Recruitment Specialist
- Board of Directors
- Community Engagement Ambassador
- Come Beautify Helping Link! Arts...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- Volunteer Recruitment and...
- Volunteer IT Specialist Wanted!
- Marketing Specialist
- Wordpress Designer
- Program Support Coordinator
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- Help Seniors & Immigrants Learn...