The Maryland Cash Campaign is the licensee of the My Budget Coach platform in this area. New Legacy Project seeks volunteers to train as Peer Budget Coaches as we begin our partnership with the campaign. Check out the My Budget Coach Final Report for insight into the impact that this financial capability strategy has provided in its first year.
- The My Budget Coach program matches a trained volunteer with a member
- Online meetings occur once a month for twelve months covering budgeting, money management techniques and goal attainment strategies.
- The coach tracks the member's progress in real time using the online, interactive tool. He or she also encourages the member to stay on track and on task between meetings.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 1-2 hours a month
- Will need access to phone, computer, and internet