(begins September or October 2017)
Join our team for a six month to one year internship and get real, hands-on experience in partnership development and support, marketing, fundraising and communications, at an international non-profit. We promise we’ll never ask you to make photocopies or get anyone’s coffee. Our interns make real contributions to the team, shoulder significant responsibility, and are expected to bring new ideas to the table. We are looking for dreamers and doers who want to add value immediately and take on challenges along with us.
As an engagement team intern you will have the chance to explore, learn, and create both independently and as part of a team. You will work closely with the rest of the Engagement Team, as well as with the President and Founder. We want to put you in an environment where you are able to create and work on projects in which you can take pride.
Applicants for the Engagement Team Intern position must be available for six months to one year, at least 25 to 40 hours per week. Hours are flexible.
Responsibilities may include
- Fostering productive relationships with United Planet program participants through newsletters, social media outreach, and direct phone calls
- Generating data-driven insights by tracking and analyzing marketing efforts and researching competitors
- Bringing your ideas and personal touch to United Planet projects
- Prepare groups for international travel: Register and track group volunteers paperwork and logistics including DOS registration (STEP program), Background Checks, health forms, etc.
- Research: Will include research of potential university partners and collection of contact information based on specific research criteria.
- Data-entry: Partnership management in the database as well as group management in excel and Salesforce, a CRM software
- Outreach: Sending of initial outreach e-mail to newly researched contacts on behalf of Outreach Team and follow up.
- Mailings: Participation letters, awards, Welcome packages, Welcome Back packages, Welcome back emails, marketing mailings to potential partners as needed.
- Special Projects: Research and development of specialized target groups for new outreach initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines
- Assisting the Team with other projects as needed.
Here’s what we offer
- An organization where your hours count and make an impact on the world
- Supportive and flexible environment
- Highly discounted rate for our international volunteer abroad programs for life
- Team events (lunches, ice-cream socials, seasonal activities, etc.)
Here’s what we notice
- Genuine curiosity and interest
- Passion for our mission to help unite every person on the planet
- Self-starters who enjoy having room to create
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Individuals who are not afraid to crunch numbers and analyze data
- Flexibility, adaptability, and excitement to take on challenges
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively
- Some experience with Excel and Linked-In preferred
- Strong verbal skills
- Work in a friendly and inspirational environment, for a global non-governmental organization which will make an increasingly more positive impact in the world for many years to come
- Gain valuable and transferable skills
- Work closely and be mentored by Founder/ President
- After completion of your time on staff at UP, you will receive the opportunity to participate in United Planet’s International Volunteer (Quest) Programs at cost for life!
How to apply:
Please send a resume and a cover letter to Jonathan Hass, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment