Alzheimer's patients need Fidgit blankets or aprons with different types of textures like ribbon, keys, rope, etc so they can Fidgit with. Its really beneficial for the patient to have things for their hands to focus on. We need volunteers to make these blankets. We provide the supplies, instructions, you can also add things you might have at home. This is something you can do at home or at our office. It's fun to get a group of friends together and work on these blankets or work on them by yourself. It is really rewarding to make these blankets. This is one of the greatest things you can make for an Alzheimer's
We have attached a picture below of a blanket.
* We would love the opportunity to talk to you about volunteer opportunities. We promptly answer all emails, but we have discovered that sometimes the emails go to your spam. If you do not here from us check you spam.
For more information you can also call our office 405-936-9433. My name is Charlene Killgore and I am the Volunteer Coordinator. If you call please ask for me.
I look forward to hearing from you,
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- How many hours you would like to give
- Fingerprinting, TB test. We pay for all of this
- Physician's Choice Hospice...
- Be a friend, run errands for...
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Brighten someone's day, create...
- Reading, talking, laughter,...
- Group Activities and Public...
- Do you enjoy sewing, help a...
- Crochet or knit hats for...
- Administrative Support
- Volunteer from Home
- Bring joy to a Senior Citizens
- Do you love to do administrative...