JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
This position is primarily focused on finding local FB groups, local websites (Patch, NJFamily, etc.) to post and publicize JerseySTEM events and classes. We want you to take control of getting the word out to the local area of events we are holding. Additionally, during class registration you will be responsible for checking the registration list daily and providing updates of who is registered to course leaders.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
-Publicize events when necessary
-Identify new ways/places to publicize events to a wider audience
-Manage registration lists and update coaches when necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-A passion for helping people
-Excellent written communication skills
-Some knowledge of PR, Marketing, Communication strategy would be a plus (not required)
Required Education and Experience
-Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or related field would be a plus
Weekly Time Commitment Required
A bit more involved during registration periods, but otherwise no more than 1-3 hours max each week.
- Project Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 1 - 3 hours per week.
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...