The Traditional Mentoring program provides Island youth with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
Bigs and Littles spend 2 to 4 hours a week for the first year and we do ask for a one year commitment.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men.
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
- and above all, make a difference while having fun.
For more information, call us at 90-569-KIDS (3729), email email@example.com or visit www.bbbspei.ca for more information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 hours a week for a year
- screening, interview, reference checks, child safety training