JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
The Active Professionals Engagement Manager will be responsible for managing all senior volunteers within the organization. The primary role is to ensure that volunteers from the professional world are having a smooth experience and that things are running efficiently.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
-Recruiting within the professional/business community for those who would be interested in volunteering
-Interviewing and screening potential volunteers
-Following up with candidates/those who expressed interest to arrange interviews, check availability, etc.
-Engaging volunteers to ensure they are enjoying the experience and act as a resource for them to answer questions and provide support.
-Coordinating workload for volunteers and managing their assignments
-Managing relationship with the volunteers under your charge
-Scheduling volunteers (when applicable)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Managing experience or team leader experience would be a plus, but not a necessity
-Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
-A passion for helping others
Weekly Time Commitment Required
A maximum of 2-4 hours a week.
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 - 4 hours per week.
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- SIT: Local Families Engagement...
- LID:Academic Director
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- HRS: Active Professionals...
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- HRS: Job Posting Refresh position
- COA: Mathematics coaching for...
- GWC: Girls Who Code in Chatham
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- ADM:Legal / Para-Legal help for...
- COA: Physics Tutor
- ANA: Statistical Data Warehouse...