HRS: HRR: Recruiter of Active Professionals
10 people are interested
Recruiter (Active Professionals)Category:
Human ResourcesTravel Required:
YesWill Train Applicant(s):
Will train applicant(s)Date Posted:
16 Dec 2018Expected length of volunteering:
3 months, but would prefer longer term commitmentSupervisory Responsibility:
noExpected Hours of Work: (include any mandatory meeting times with time zone)
5 hours per weekPosition Type:
Volunteer, but internship for school credit is also possibleDate & Time (VM)
OngoingDriver’s License Needed
NoOrientation or training needed?
NoDoes this accommodate special groups?
55+Min. age required?
The primary responsibility of this position is to recruit active professionals to volunteer with us. The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of volunteers by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).Description: Role and Responsibilities
The recruiter position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for volunteer positions throughout the organization. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all functions in the organization, a basic understanding of the organizational structure.
· Utilize personal social media (ex: LinkedIn) to reach out to Active Professionals
· Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
· Networks with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
· Screens and interviews applicants.
· Schedules interviews with managers once the applicant has been screened
· Follows up with managers to get a time scheduled
· Follows up with managers to understand positions in the organization
· Follows up with newly 30 day volunteer to ask them how their role is going
· Completes weekly report on activity.
· Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as free networking events or fairs (career fairs, online job fairs, community network events) etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
· Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.Qualifications and Education Requirements
Communication skills - both verbal and written
A Bachelors or work experience in related field a plus, otherwise we will trainPreferred Skills
A plus if you have networking skills
A plus if you are part of a sorority/fraternity, or other networking group
Professional looking LinkedIn profile
Global and Cultural AwarenessAdditional Notes
Since this role requires creativity and use of personal social media, please share your LinkedIn profile linkOther Duties:
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.About Us JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Recruitment
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week
- We would prefer long term commitment for this role, and at least a minimum of 3 months