Game On! is a group mentoring program that provide boys and young men with information and support they need to make informed choices about a range of healthy lifestyle practices. Through non-traditional physical activities, complemented with healthy eating support, participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and emotional health discussions designed to engage participants in the pursuit of life-long healthy lifestyles. Game On! includes seven 90 minute sessions.
The program strives to do the following:
- through the lens of healthy living, openly discuss current and pressing issues facing boys and young men
- build appreciation for the benefits of healthy eating habits
- promote physical exercise through the use of non-traditional activities
- instill respect for socio-economic, ethno-cultural and racial diversity
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
- and above all, make a difference.
Sessions are led by 2 to 3 leaders at schools, community centres and Boys and Girls Clubs across Prince Edward Island.For more information, call us at 90-569-KIDS (3729), email email@example.com or visit www.bbbspei.ca for more information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 90 minutes over 7 weeks
- screening, child safety training, program training