JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for managing and overseeing the entire marketing/communications team. Some of the team is already built, but the Marketing Director will need to assess where the team needs more support. They will be responsible for managing volunteers who are helping with email marketing, social media, web design, and other related teams.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
Oversee the entire Marketing/Communications team and ensure the work that needs to be done is getting done. Additionally, serve as a liaison for the team between other groups within the organization. Assess how the Marketing/Communications team can best help the organization to succeed. Set realistic expectations for other departments within the organization as to what capabilities the Marketing/Communications team has.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to lead a team effectively towards success
- The ability to manage a team appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to delegate work when necessary
- Ability to follow up when necessary to ensure deadlines are being met
Required Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years in a marketing, communications, or related field/position
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field is a must.
- Past history managing a team or leading a team to success
Weekly Time Commitment Required
Depending on the team surrounding you and the needs at the moment, it could vary. Our best guess would be between 3-7 hours per week.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 - 5 hours per week
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- SIT: Local Families Engagement...
- LID:Academic Director
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- HRS: Active Professionals...
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- HRS: Job Posting Refresh position
- COA: Mathematics coaching for...
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- GWC: Girls Who Code in Chatham
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- ADM:Legal / Para-Legal help for...
- COA: Physics Tutor